|Points of Interest
- Start of Trail - parking lot on 26th street.
- Sauk Trail Road: Originally part of the Indian trail from the
Mississippi river to Fort Detroit.
- Pioneer homesite of John McCoy, soldier in the Revolutionary War;
a stations on the
"Underground Railroad" for escaped slaves.
- Brown's Corners - a crossroads of midwest American in pioneer days,
intersection of the Great
Sauk trail with Hubbards Trace to
Danville and, later, Vincennes Road.
- Site of Absalom Well's cabin - First euorpean settler in this part
of Cook County.
- End of trail; Parking lot on 26th Street.
Trail Length: 5 Miles
Thorn Creek Forest Preserves